The Museum of Civillisations of Côte d'Ivoire was created in 1942 (colonial era) by Governor Hubert Deschamps, it was at the base a craft center. The aim was to highlight craft production and to preserve the best samples. In 1945, the centre experienced an extension with the construction of the "U" building which now houses the administration and part of the reserves. If in the past, the museum was entirely managed by the colonial administration, today it is a state museum, dependent on the Ministry of Culture and Francophonie.
No image available for the moment!